Entertainment in the Los Angeles areaThe Los Angeles area has no shortage of entertainment! Please use our submenu to see the entertainment articles we have for you here and to get to each of our entertainment articles. [hr]
Entertainment Resources in Los Angeles & Southern California!We’ll do our best to guide you to some resourses.
Theme Parks in the Los Angeles area
- Universal Studios, Hollywood
- SeaWorld, San Diego
- DisneyLand, Anaheim
- Knott’s Berry Farm
- Legoland, Carlsberg
- Hollywood Entertainment Museum
- Grauman’s Chinese theater
MoviesIn Los Angeles there are movie theaters aplenty — but here, you can do more than just go see a movie. Here, you can see a movie being filmed, or even be in the film.
- TVTickets.com (part of Audiences Unlimited)
- TV Studios with tapings:
- Culver Studios
- CBS Television CIty
- Gower Studios
Be an extra in a movie:
Television for Southern California
- KCET — LA’s public TV station, channel 13 over the air, has excellent programs about So Cal and the issues that matter most to us. It also has an entire section dedicated to So Cal.
Misc things to do
- Rollerskate at Moonlight Rollerway — a great indoor wooden-floored rink in Glendale (Once you know this rink you may recognize it in many a movie. Editor-in-Chief Deborah Shadovitz has been an extra in a few films shot there. Their website lists the films that have shot at the rink.)
- There are also roller skating rinks in Northridge, Huntington Beach…
- Travel to the beach towns and skate on the beach skate paths, or rent a bike and cycle. There are many places to rent both.
- Ride a horse at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center — 480 Riverside Dr. Burbank, CA 9150
- Magic at the world’s only Magic Castle. (By invitation from a magician only.)